This delivery truck is empty.
Start adding some amazing products!
We Don't Deliver to Your Area Yet..
We're sorry, it doesn't look like we can deliver to your address yet. Typically we need 15 or more people in a specific area, and then we can start up a route. Feel like you've got the interest in your area? Give us a call or send us an email using the contact page!
Welcome to the South Mountain Creamery Family! We deliver to your area on .
added to delivery
Beets - Red Loose - 1 lb
• The beet root bulbs should be kept in a plastic bag and can be stored in the refrigerator crisper drawer 7 to 10 days.
• Make soup! BorschtDescription• For best flavor, bake beets instead of boiling or steaming. Wrap them in foil to avoid staining.
• To remove beet juice from fingers, rub with wet salt and lemon juice and then wash with soap and water. For cutting boards and plastic containers, use a bleach solution.
• 1 Tablespoon of vinegar added to beet cooking water will not only reduce the odor of the cooking beets, but also help them retain their bright color.
• For older beets, try adding a pinch each of sugar and salt to each cup of cooking water to revive sweetness and color.
• Beets are naturally high in sodium, so no salt is necessary in the cooking water.
• To microwave whole beets, pierce the skin and place one pound in a micro-proof dish with 2 Tablespoons of water. Cook on high for 9 to 12 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before cooling and peeling.
• To avoid bleeding of color into other ingredients, add beets just before serving if possible.
• Grated raw beets make a tasty addition to salads.
Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-op